Event: Educators For Aaron And The Aaron for Arizona Governor Campaign Will Host A Signature Drive In Support Of The Invest In AZ Now Campaign
PHOENIX, AZ - Representative Aaron Lieberberman is running to be the education Governor that Arizona has been desperate for. Unfortunately, three new laws seek to further strangle Arizona's education system: SB 1828, SB 1827, and SB 1783. These new laws, combined with the flat tax and tax cap, will permanently cut $1.9 billion from state revenue and will cut Prop 208 revenue by over $300 million.
To protect education funding and stop these laws from taking effect, Educators for Aaron is mobilizing this weekend. They will be circulating referendum petitions at a signature drive. The signatures must be collected by the end of September to refer each of these bills to the 2022 general election ballot to allow the voters to decide Arizona's future.
This weekend's event details are below:
- Who: Educators for Aaron and the Aaron for Arizona Governor Campaign.
- What: Educators for Aaron in collaboration with the Aaron for Arizona Governor Campaign will host a signature drive in support of the Invest in AZ Now Campaign. (There will also be petitions on-hand for Aaron Lieberman's campaign).
- Where: Aaron for Arizona Headquarters, 5800 E Thomas Rd, Scottsdale, AZ, 85251
- When: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Media: Welcome to Attend - RSVP by Emailing: [email protected]
Aaron Lieberman, state representative for Legislative District 28 and a social entrepreneur, is a candidate for governor of Arizona. After seeing first-hand the effectiveness and success of early childhood intervention programs, Aaron launched Jumpstart, a national nonprofit to ensure all children had the opportunity to enter kindergarten prepared to succeed. To date, more than 50,000 college students have served, working with more than 100,000 children and earning over $200 million in scholarships through AmeriCorps. Later, he founded Acelero Learning to close the achievement gap for Head Start children. Impacting over 40,000 kids every day, children enrolled in Acelero’s programs make gains at nearly three times the national average. Aaron was born and raised in Arizona. He and his wife live in Phoenix, where they’re raising their two sons. Aaron’s daughter is studying history at Yale, his alma mater.
For more information, please visit aaron4az.com. Follow Aaron on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @aaron4az.